Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Does the anxiety go away?

I feel like the days are creeping by so slowly.  My gut tells me that everything is fine and baby is perfect, but this little IF voice in the back of my head is giving me anxiety about everything.  I can't imagine how I will survive the minutes leading up to the first u/s.  I'm still waiting for the nurse to call me and schedule it.

Does this anxiety ever go away?  Do you ever feel 100% confident that you are going to end up with the baby in your arms? 

I've prayed so hard every day just asking God to let this baby be healthy.  I'm taking tests everyday just to reassure myself, but then analyzing if it looks darker than the day before.  I'm telling you that I'm about to lose my mind lol.  My RE nurse acts so confident that everything is okay so maybe I should just trust her for now? 

I would love to know how you ladies that have gotten your BFP after IF have stayed positive and made time go by faster.  Anything would help right now!!

-L

13 comments:

  1. Anxiety is awful :-/ I will say last time I was pregnant I think I felt a sense of calm after my second ultrasound. I know it's so hard to do but thinking positive is best, try your damnedest to push that anxiety out and let calmness in! Thinking of you!! -Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it ever goes away. It hasn't for me yet. There are some days where it is not as bad and other days where it is horrible. I know the days leading up to ultrasounds feel like they are never ending. I took HPT's all the way up to my 6 week u/s. I was making myself crazy over analyzing the darkness too.

    Just keep your mind as positive as possible and let your self be excited. I tried to do little projects around the house and crafts to help pass the time and occupy my mind.

    <3 you and I am always here if you need to talk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it took me until maybe my 10 week OB appointment when we heard the baby's heartbeat on the doppler to think "this is probably going to work out" Before then I had anxiety daily.

    I hope your nerves are calmed with your first u/s and that all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like 10 weeks is a long ways away! I'm sure this is going to be the longest time of my life!!

      Delete
  4. I still worry every couple of days.. I almost pooped my pants before my first u/s! I wish I had great advice but I don't.. just pray extra and believe! Stay positive.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still worry and I'm 31 weeks. I worried about losing the baby until probably 20 weeks. And now I'm too nervous the baby will come early or that I will get into some kind of accident. Just take it one day at a time and try to tell yourself that everything is going to be fine!

    Looking forward to your first u/s!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1st: CONGRATS!! I missed your BFP!
    2nd: I can't speak from the IF side, but I started to think I'd bring a baby home at 15w. I still worried, but that consuming fear did get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess!!! That makes me feel better that after a certain point the worry does get better.

      Delete
  7. Well.. Im behind you but I was wondering the same thing.. Im only 3 weeks and I am counting the days to the first ultrasound..this is going to be a long 9 months. I keep praying for a healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete