Friday, May 24, 2013

Betas!!

Yesterday around 4:40pm the nurse called and told me my beta was 14 and p4 was 17.  I felt horrible after that call.  14 sounds so low.  I googled a ton and came up with the conclusion that as long as it doubles we are still in the game.  I requested to go in the very next day.  They warned me that the numbers would not double by then and I would be let down even if this is a healthy pregnancy.  I prayed over and over again, begging God to let this little one be healthy.

Then today she called me with the results.  I've been crying since.

Beta 26 and p4 21.7!!!!   Doubling time of 25hours!!!!  

My RE is extremely happy with these numbers and prefers to do no more betas right now and just move forward with an ultrasound in a couple weeks.  HOLY SHIT!!!  I know we have a long way to go before we are in the clear, but this is a huge releif to me that the numbers are going up!


-L

6 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I knew it!! =) FYI my first beta was 29 and then .. well I can't remember exactly but it was a doubling time of 25 hours too!! COngrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats congrats congrats!!! So happy to hear good news :-)

    -Mandi (reederah/prayer partner from the bump!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fx this is it!!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! What a relief to see them go up like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So so excited for you, love.

    ReplyDelete