Friday, February 22, 2013

New RE?

Today was our first appointment with a new RE.  We were  only planning on getting a second opinion and hearing what someone else would do.  Well, we are in love with this new RE!  He is scattered and long winded, but he is so freaking smart!  With my last RE I always second guessed her like I didn't trust what she was saying or that I kind of knew just a little more that her (thanks to TB ladies lol).  But this new guy knows his stuff.  He taught me all kinds of new things today about how cells inside your ovaries work just to make a perfect egg and how he will test all kinds of things that could be throwing off those cells.

He has ordered a lot more blood work and testing that my previous RE failed to do.  Also, I will be having a biopsy of my uternine lining which I have not ever heard of.  He said they will put me to sleep, go through my cervix with a fiber optic cable and biopsy some of the lining.  From there he will test it for all kinds of things.  Has anyone ever heard of this?

Also, E will be getting another SA soon.  So basically it sounds like we will be doing testing for a couple cycles, figure out a game plan, then figure out what we can afford.  This RE is a little more expensive so finanaces are going to play a big part on timing.

Overall, I'm very happy.  Overwhelmed, but happy.  I think we finally found the dr that will help us have our baby!

P.S.   I'm still waiting on AF after stopping progesterone 3 days ago.  Any day now AF!

-L

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like this RE is the right one for you. Wishing you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a new RE! What the heck is AF doin?! She is late for her arrival here too! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling good about the new RE! I am waiting for the red she devil now too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooo incredibly happy for you. I pray that this RE will do you good and help you get your baby soon!!! XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you like your new RE! I think that makes a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic news! This really does sound like the RE that will bring a baby into your arms. Good things are coming for you this year... starting with this new RE :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great news!! So glad you like the new RE, it's so important to be comfortable with him. This sounds like an exciting time for ya'll.

    ReplyDelete