Thursday, February 14, 2013

CD19: What a day





What a morning I had!  So first E comes in to tell me he needs to use my car because his is not starting.  I told him I had to go for my blood test so he'd have to take our truck.  His car was sticking half way in the road so I went to help him roll it in the driveway.  I asked him to show me what the car was doing.  I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, but E is really really into cars.  He knows how to fix anything on European cars.  It's his main hobby and all he thinks about.  So imagine how tickled I was when I was the one to figure out what was wrong with it!!!  That's right, I informed him that he had let his car run out of gas.  We both laughed about it for about 10min straight.

Then, I drive out to get my P4 drawn.  I look at my lab request sheet and the nurse who was filling in for my normal nurse had forgotten to check anything on the paper!!  I had to wait on hold with my RE office for 20mins then finally have the nurse give the verbal order to another nurse at the women's center.  I had to walk back over to the lab and give them the new sheet.  Such a pain!

And they still haven't called with my results. WTH??!!!  When I first started seeing this RE she would have blood results back within a couple hours.  Now it's taking all day.  Slacking I tell ya.

I really hate that every month I look at what my due date would be if I conceived.  It gets my hopes up.  Makes me start thinking about all the possibilites.  Like when I would announce, when we'd find out the gender, planning vacation, etc.  Well if I got KU this cycle I would be due on Halloween.  That's right, my own little monster.  This might be the first time a possible due date would fall on a holiday.  It's kind of cute. I'll take any day of the year for a due date though.

On another note, how in God's name am I supposed to make Valentine's Day sexy while inserting progesterone supplements twice a day?  IF ruins every day!!!

5 comments:

  1. Everything you said in this post is cracking me up (especially the part about your DH and the gas), but the other stuff is funny to me because I have said the exact same stuff since we are cycle buddies! Ya know, the Halloween due date, getting blood drawn today, etc. And I am jealous that your place lets you know on the same day... I never find out the same day! FX cross that your P4 is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your P4! I am also a cycle buddy, but my RE doesn't do P4 draws so I have to wait until my beta on 2/20 to figure out how this cycle went

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I guess I should feel lucky getting my P4 results sooner than later. Praying we will all move on to first tri together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funy about your H and the car! haha. ;)
    Late Happy Valentine's Day! Sorry about those damn progesterone supplements.

    ReplyDelete