Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Second Opinion

I have been thinking about this for a while.  While I do like my RE, sometimes I really doubt what she is saying and her treatment plans.  Maybe I'm just a control freak and that's why I never trust anyone or maybe my intuition is telling me to doubt her.  Whatever the case may be I finally made the decision to get a second opinion.

There is a fertility center here in Nashville with a RE that has great reviews.  One of my friends actually is pregnant with twins right now thanks to him.  She raves about him and his staff all the time.  I wanted to see him for a while, but he is much more expensive than my current RE.  However, if her treatment plans keep failing miserably and she keeps putting me back in the same treatment that didn't work before the price will add up anyway.

I called the new RE and they told me he will go over all my testing that has been done and treatment, do a pelvic ultrasound, and talk to me about what his plan of action would be.  The girl on the phone assured me he can move as slow or fast as I like and work with my financial stance.

They are booked up until February 22nd, but I am so happy I finally made the decision to do this!  Of course I'm praying I will be KTFU by then, but in case I'm not we have a backup plan. I feel like 2013 is going to be the year we get pregnant!!!

And just for laughs I thought this was funny!


-L

4 comments:

  1. Switching clinics and getting a second opinion was the best thing we ever did! It was amazing what a new set of eyes was able to uncover. This is our year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a second opinion is a great idea! Especially if you are doubting your current RE, It's a lot of time money and emotions to put into something that you feel isn't right! I am sending big prayers your way that 2013 is the year of babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it a great idea to see what a second RE has to say. Gotta go with your gut. :)

    FX that you are KTFU before then and you can cancel that appt!! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're getting a second opinion! It never hurts. Praying you won't even need it though! :)

    Ps. I still need your email address! Rawr!

    ReplyDelete