Monday, October 22, 2012

CD 13

For the first time in months I think I might actually O text book style.  Based on my CM and temps plummeting today I think I am going to O tonight or tomorrow.  I go to my RE today for monitoring so I'm excited to see what she says too.  Hopefully I'll have one big follie ready to go!   Remember back when you were anxious for your first day of school, prom, or your wedding?  That is the same excited anxiety I'm having about O'ing this month.  I know that is super weird, but I am just excited to have a chance to get KU.

Also, I'm running by to see my acupuncturist again today.  I took a break from her for a month or so just to give myself a break from all of this IF crap, but I feel like I really need her now.  She is one of those people that just makes me feel like everything is right in the world and helps me stay calm.  Maybe she will have a plan to help support a healthy ovulation too.

E and I have started opening up to some of our closer friends about our IF as well.  I'm not really sure why except that maybe it helps us recognize that this is real and it's not anything to hide or be ashamed of.  I'm not sure it's a good idea, but it feels more natural than hiding it.  So far everyone has been really sweet.  I spent some time with my friend who just had a baby on Saturday.  I told her what I am going through and she was just full of "advice" that no one going through IF wants to hear.  "Relax, don't take corporation drugs, let the sperm build up then have sex, etc." It was a flurry of uneducated reproductive information.  But I just have to keep reminding myself that if you haven't went through it, it can be hard to understand.  I can't expect her or anyone else to know all the details that we do and most likely she is trying to help.  Still, it burns when someone is telling you crazy stuff that you know better than because you have spent over a year researching it.  But, that's what we get for telling people....

-L

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear how your monitoring appointment goes! :D SQUEE!

    Good for you guys about the IF stuff too. There are so many uneducated people in this work when it comes to that. It's really sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got back from my appt. Looks like I should be ovulating tonight or early tomorrow! I had one big follie and one a little smaller than that. My RE thinks I will only ovulate one though. One good one is all it takes!!

      Delete
  2. Fx for you!!

    I agree with opening up to some close friends and how it "makes it real" in some way. I decided to tell some close friends and they have been extremely supportive which makes me feel a little less scared about what's coming up.


    ReplyDelete