Friday, December 7, 2012

PCOS?

Yesterday E and I saw our RE.  She is such an awkward little mousy woman.  She comes in, sits down and just stares at us with this awkward smile.  She doesn't say anything for what felt like forever.  Finally she said really odd like, "So.. you're here to discuss uh next steps?".  I thought really, this bish has no clue why we are here?!  She is the one who asked us to come in!   Well anyway, she reviewed my progesterone problem and explained how she thinks I'm having trouble ovulating strong enough to sustain good progesterone.

Then she decides that I need to be checked for PCOS again, or wait, was I ever checked for it?!  I know I've done a ton of blood work and ultrasounds, but being tested for insulin resistant and all that jazz I'm not sure.  So they took some blood and explained if it comes back that I am insulin resistant she wants me on Metformin for 6 weeks with no other treatment.  If I come back all good then we can proceed with Letrozole, trigger at home, and TI. She thinks that we have a good shot at that working without doing an IUI right now. Shirley came in and showed us how to give the trigger shot (which I'm letting E do because I'd never have the guts to do it myself) and sent us on our way.

As of today I'm still waiting on AF and my blood work results.  I got online and saw that only my Vitamin D level had came back so far and it was low enough to be considered deficient.  Not sure what that means or what she wants to do about it.

I would love to hear from you ladies if you know anything about low Vit D or any of this stuff that just got thrown at me.  I'm praying no PCOS so I can continue treatment and not sit out for 6 weeks.

4 comments:

  1. I didnt even know they checked for that in particular, I dont recall my RE mentioning that but now it makes me want to ask? I know they took like 100 tubes (not really, more like 12-15) of blood on the initial check of everything but I dont remember that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's something to ask about. I was for sure I had all tests done, but guess not! lol

      Delete
  2. do you take vitamin D vitamins? My doctor recommended taking them even before checking my levels. I think most people who live in the northesst where there is not a lot of sunlight in the winter are deficient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't been taking anything on top of my prenatal, but I've been ordered to start taking 4000iu! I live in Nashville, so it's usually pretty sunny here I am just a hermit apparently.

      Delete