Thursday, June 6, 2013

First Ultrasound

We just got back from our first ultrasound and I wanted to give y'all a little update.  First we went to the ultrasound tech who told me most likely she wouldn't be able to even see a sac this early, umm what?  From all the research I did I knew there should be a visible sac.  So she inserts the dildo cam and pokes around for what felt like forever saying nothing to me.  My mind was panicked with "is she not finding anything", "is it in a tube", and every other horrible scenario.  Finally she turned the tv and showed me the gestational sac and a perfect little yolk sac!


Then we walk across the hall so my RE could give us the run down on the u/s.  She said I was measuring at about 5 weeks exactly which is pretty consistent of when I think I might have O'd.  She said everything looked perfect to her. 

Here is the thing I'm a little freaked out about.  She said I have a 15mm cyst on my left ovary.  It's producing progesterone so she said it is actually helping me, but that I need to take it easy and not lift anything to make sure it doesn't burst.  So what the hell happens if it bursts?!?!

I go back in two weeks to see the heartbeat and meet with my RE for the last time!!  She already scheduled my appointment with my new OB because she told me she is sure she will be releasing me in after this next ultrasound!!  So June 20th next u/s then July 10th first OB appointment.  I'm so freaking happy right now :)

-L

10 comments:

  1. That's the prettiest lil yolk sac ever! Congrats darlin! Can't wait for graduation to a regular OB. It always seems like a big step :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYAY!! Hi baby Laylarue! I am so flippin excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so, so happy for you! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such great news!!! Im so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So happy you had a great u/s! Can't wait for your update on the 20th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! So amazing. I am so so happy your u/s went great. Before you know it you will be graduating! Woohoo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yaaaayy!! I had a cyst also and it went away on it's own. My doc wasn't even worried about it at all and didn't tell me to take it easy or anything. Looking forward to the next update!

    ReplyDelete