Thursday, July 12, 2012

First RE Appointment

I don't even know where to begin.  It was so much information and a lot to take in.  We talked about our health history and currently where we stand.  She told E that he needs to stop a lot of the work out supplements he takes and I swear I saw his heart drop.  She did blood work on me to test progesterone, prolactin, and a bunch of other stuff.  She explained that E needs another SA and I a SHG.  Then she talked about a couple options.....

Option #1:  If E's SA comes back comparable to what the first was then she recommends we go straight into Letrozole with a trigger shot and an IUI. 

Option #2: E's SA comes back with normal numbers then we just start Femera and try on our own a few cycles.

I mainly feel confused by her and scattered.  Also, E has shut off a little bit.  He doesn't want to talk about IUI as an option right now because he feels it is too drastic.  He truly feels that we are going to get pregnant naturally.  I've prayed every night that he is right about that, but it just might not be the case.  I hope that he just needs time to process all of this and then will be on board for whatever gives us the best chance. 

So for now, we scheduled the 2nd SA for July 20th and I'll call to set up my SHG when/if CD1 comes.  I should get all my blood work back tomorrow and I'll update with that too.  After all the testing I think E and I will sit down with our RE and maybe even an IF counselor to work through any concerns and get on the same page.  This sucks!




-L

No comments:

Post a Comment