Thursday, December 19, 2013

33 Weeks




This past Thursday I had my regular OB appointment.  My ute is measuring just a little bit big, but nothing to even think twice about.  We talked about how she will most likely not be the doctor delivering Langston.  I knew this was a possibility since we are in a group practice, but I think I was in denial about it.  Because now I'm freaking out thinking about another doctor coming in and being pushy or not respecting my birth plan.  E said not to worry he will control the situation, but I guess we will just see when we get there.  Ugh.  Our next appointment is January 9th where we will also have an ultrasound to make sure he is head down and how big he is.  We will then start having weekly appointments!!  Ahh!! He is going to be here so soon!!

I have been doing a little organization, decorating and packing in the nursery everyday.  I swear I pack and repack his hospital bag a million times.  I still need to wash his clothes for the hospital, but besides that he is ready to go!  I've become a little obsessive with organizing his nursery over and over again too.  I will for sure post pics of his nursery as soon as his changing table comes in during Christmas.

I have looked at  a lot of lists, but I would love suggestions on what to pack for myself for the hospital too.  I don't want to over pack like I do for everything, but I don't want to be there needing something from home either.  What did you girls take?

-L

4 comments:

  1. Alright I had 2 bags. One was the labor bag that had things I would use during labor: candy, phone charger, hair ties, a little back massager my husband used on me, and some gum. After labor, my DH dropped this off at the car and brought the post-partum bag which had:

    maternity leggings, tank tops, a couple of dresses that were loose on the belly (made it easy for the nurse to check me), a maxi dress to go home in, underwear, 3 nursing bras, and some socks.

    Just so you know, I spent the majority of the time in just a nursing bra and the dresses because they were v-neck so it made it easy to pull off my arm and unsnap the nursing bra. I didn't use a robe or any of that stuff, no slippers, just socks. I used leggings because it held the pads in place.

    They provided pads for me so I didn't need to bring any even though I had some which ended up being over kill bc I didn't bleed enough for how large these pads were.

    One thing I suggest is if you have an episiotomy, use numbing spray. My nurse hooked me up with numbing spray, lidocaine cream, witch hazel pads, and another cream. I would put the creams (which are all over the counter) on the witch hazel pad, spray myself with numbing spray and then put the witch hazel pad directly on the cut, then a pad! It was awesome and worked amazingly!!!

    Okay, sorry for the long comment. LoL! Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I packed nursing tanks, pajamas, clothes to go home in (I think a zip up jacket and maternity leggings), toiletries, and my diaper bag. I kept Jill in clothes we brought and swaddle blankets we bought. Don't forget chargers and whatnot.

    In regards to you being delivered by another doctor, honestly, you barely deal with the doctor. It is likely the nurses will be the ones that will be dealing with things like epi/no epi and whatnot. I was delivered by the on-call doctor (I had never met him) and he was there to pretty much just catch the baby. I labored and pushed with the nurses and they checked me for dilation and all of that so try not to worry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I wished I had brought was a towel from home - after the first postpartum shower I wish I had my own towel instead of the tiny hospital ones!

    I also used a robe when I was in labor - to walk around the hospital without having my backside on display!

    We also packed a lot of snacks! I was induced so we were there for 4 nights/5 days, but I imagine snacks are always good!

    ReplyDelete